This workshop is created for Novice WordPress Users (beginning-beginners). We mean people who have heard about WordPress, yet have never gotten started. Or those of you who tried to get started, yet quickly became overwhelmed.
From the start of the day to the end, you will be guided through the process of publishing and editing content on a WordPress website.
We won’t have time for an in-depth look at every single function available within WordPress. Nor will we be able to help you develop or modify WordPress themes. Our aim is to give you an overall understanding of how to use the various features within the WordPress and plenty of hands-on practice.
Their will be a group of teacher assistants to help you along the way.
- Overview of the WordPress Dashboard
- Posts vs Pages: What’s the Difference?
- Creating Your Site Content
- Adding Images, Video, Audio and Other Content
- Inserting, Editing and Removing Links
- Widgets and Navigation Menus
- Header and Background Appearance
- How to Select a Theme
- Plugins: “Apps” for WordPress
- Keeping Your Site Updated
Additional resources to further your WordPress knowledge:
- Visit the Happiness Bar, a live help desk where WordPress professionals are waiting for you to ask them a question, is open all day on Friday and Saturday.
- Get involved in a local WordPress Meetup.
- Check out the WordPress goodness at WordPress TV to see WordCamp presentations from WordCamps all over the world.