Generous volunteers hold the key to the success of just about every WordCamp. To be sure, a successful WordCamp requires the combination of many factors – yet it is volunteers who often serve as the face of the conference. Volunteers welcome attendees at the registration table. Volunteers help ensure speakers are in the right room at the right time. Volunteers help attendees find where they are going.
We are currently looking for those who can help make WordCamp Atlanta 2017 an enjoyable experience for all. Being a volunteer is a great way of giving back to the WordPress community, and meeting a lot of great people.
Volunteers help WordCamp Atlanta run smoothly. Here’s a short list of just some of the roles volunteers will fill:
- They will serve at the registration table, welcoming attendees as they arrive.
- They will distribute t-shirts and swag to attendees.
- They will serve as room managers, guards and runners, helping keep the speaker tracks on schedule.
- They will serve in the Happiness Bar, providing tech support to attendees.
- They will serve as hallway monitors, answering questions, providing directions.
- They will help welcome the teams of sponsors and help ensure that those teams get the support they need during the conference.
- They will welcome attendees to the After Party and help everyone have a good time.
Of course, volunteers are asked to serve in many related ways, essentially performing a welcoming and ambassadorial role.
As for skills, the only thing we require is a willing attitude and a friendly approach.
Our volunteers are bloggers, developers, designers, website administrators, people just exploring WordPress – and more! We have extroverts and introverts as volunteers. We have some people who are young and others who are less so. The one trait that they are have in common is that they are all willing to work to make WordCamp Atlanta a wonderfully fun, engaging and memorable time for everyone.
Don’t miss your chance to be an active part of a great community! Apply now to volunteer at WordCamp Atlanta 2017!